1. Your face turns red.
Hi, I’m Santa Claus. Yeah, nice to meet you, too.
2. Your makeup starts to run.
It is damn near impossible to gracefully deal with drippy raccoon eyes.
3. Your bottom lip disappears.
4. As do your eyes.
Can’t see. Too busy crying.
5. And then your chin crinkles.
Like a pug. But not cute.
6. You try to hold in your cry, but that always backfires.
Cue lip trembling and audible noises.
7. And you know that people are looking at you, which makes reining it in that much harder.
STOP LOOKING AT ME!
8. So you try to talk through it…
You’re just so emotional.
9. …But trying to pretend you’re not crying is impossible.
Yeah, okay, just a casual wipe of the eyes.
10. So you try to save yourself by putting your hands over your face.
Yeah, no. You’re still ugly crying.
11. Maybe your head in your hands will work?
12. You start deep breathing, usually to no avail.
Inhale, sob, exhale, sob.
13. Then shallow breathing wins.
14. At some point you need to just embrace the cry.
You know it isn’t pretty.
15. You just have to let it all out.
16. And then you remember that Beyonce is kind of an ugly crier, too.
She makes it OK.
17. So you feel a little bit better.
All hail the ugly criers!
- beyonce cry
- Black girl crying
- Crying black lady
- crying black woman